Friday, July 12, 2019

Anise Refrig. cookies!

Anise Refrig. cookies!
I remember my mom talking about anise cookies...I don't know if this is the recipe she remembers but as I found it in the stash I thought I'd post here.the other thing interesting is the paper it is on :Bill Hoeft "the egg man" Granton, Wis.

other cookie recipes can be found here


Anise Refrig. Cookies!



1 3/4 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp crushed anise seed
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1 egg
sift flour, measure, add baking powder and salt
sift again
add anise seed

cream shortening and sugar till light and fluffy
add egg, beat well
add flour mixture, blend thoroughly

shape into roll, 2 inch by 10 inch long and chill

cut thin set out on greased tin
bake in hot oven 400°  for 10 minutes or (unreadable) and brown

( about 4 dozen)

*************************

at the top of the back page is a separate recipe...for what I have no idea

4 cups milk
1 1/2 sticks butter
8 cups flour

your guess is as good as mine!
*******************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment